Wednesday 6 October 2010

A Belgian's journey

 Hey everyone, Dunehunter here. As some of you might know, I live in the tiny country called Belgium. If any of you happen to have a spare government, we could really use it right about now. In this blog post I will explain how I plan to get from Point A, Ghent in Belgium to Point B, Lulworth in the UK. The flaws in my plan should be easy to spot.

First of all, I'm working on Thursday evening...from 10 'till 6.



I am used to working late, so that's not really a big problem. This is however...





I was silly enough to book one of the earliest trains to London I could find. "What could be wrong with playing it safe?". As if that isn't bad enough, I still have to get from Ghent to Brussels in time, and it's probably best if I get there at least half an hour in advance, which means...


Taking a train at 06.45, at the latest. 45 minutes after my shift ends, which means that if I'm lucky I'll be able to rush home, take a very fast shower, grab my bag and make it to the train in time.

Once I arrive in London, I'll have a couple of hours of time to kill, thanks to my brilliant planning, before meeting up with Motherdear and taking a train to meet Dr Rank, who is kind enough to give us a lift down to Lulworth.


So, can anyone recommend me a comfortable bench in or near St Pancras? I think I'll be desperately looking for a place to get some sleep by the time I get there. And did I mention that I have a really bad cold at the moment too? FML.

2 comments:

  1. Going too early, been there so many times :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. FML? You're going to the place where awesomeness at the highest degree awaits, and you say FML? :p

    Well, good luck being there in time and stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete